Karuppu kavuni Rice is packed with health benefits. Kavuni hand pounded black rice has rich in Antioxidants. Organic Traditional karuppu kavuni black rice good source of Fiber. Kavuni black rice helps to preventing from Obesity. Kavuni kaikuthal black rice used to preventing Risk of Diabetes. Karupu kavuni arisi lowers the risk of type 2 Diabetes. Black Kavuni rice also contains Important Antioxidant Vitamin E, which Helps to maintaining Skin, Eye and immune health. Karuppu Kavuni handpound black rice also called as Emperor Rice. Kavuni Black rice helps to prevent from cancer. Karuppu Kavuni rice helps to Reducing the Risk of Fatty liver Disease.
Karuppu Kavuni Rice Contains more Nutrients and Antioxidant than any other Rice.
Anthocyanin is an Antixidant in Karuppu Kavuni Rice which helps to prevent Heart Dieases
Karuppu Kavuni Rice Contains good amount of fibre which helps for easy digestive and easy bowel movement
Benefits of Karupu Kavuni Rice
- Heart Health Hero: Karuppu Kavuni Rice, also known as black rice or Karuppu Kavuni arisi, is a grain that holds immense benefits for your heart health. Packed with antioxidants, this black grain from Tamil Nadu’s agriculture is a powerful ally against cardiovascular diseases. With its Karuppu Kavuni Rice benefits, it becomes an essential food grain for maintaining a healthy heart.
- Balancing Blood Sugar: For those seeking stable blood sugar levels, Kavuni rice Karuppu Kavuni rice online is a smart choice. With a low glycemic index, this black rice variety regulates blood sugar levels effectively, making it an ideal option for diabetics and individuals aiming for sustained energy levels throughout the day.
- Weight Management Wonder: One of the lesser-known black rice benefits is its potential to aid in weight management, as it is a low-calorie and filling grain. Incorporating Karuppu Kavuni rice into your diet can aid in weight management. The fiber-rich content of this black grain keeps you feeling full and satisfied for longer, curbing unnecessary cravings and assisting you on your weight loss journey.
- Nutritional Powerhouse: Don’t be deceived by black rice’s dark allure; black Kavuni rice is a true nutritional powerhouse. Packed with essential nutrients like iron, magnesium, and zinc, this grain provides your body with a wholesome dose of nourishment. Including Karuppu Kavuni rice in your meals adds a variety of beneficial elements to your diet.
- Energizing Elixir: Experience a sustained release of energy with Karuppu Kavuni rice. This black rice variety contains complex carbohydrates that provide long-lasting energy, preventing energy crashes and keeping you fueled throughout the day. Black rice benefits athletes and fitness enthusiasts by providing a good source of energy and essential nutrients and aiding in muscle recovery.
Black Rice Pulao:
Serving: 2 nos
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup Black rice
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- 2 Carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 3 cups
- a handful of coriander leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Clove
- 2 Star anise
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- Soak and rinse black rice for 5-6 hours or overnight in water. The next day, add the drenched rice and 3 cups of water to the cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Once the pressure is reduced, discharge any extra water and fuzz the rice softly.
- Warm up a pan with oil. When the water is boiling, add the bay leaf, cloves, star anise, cardamom, and cumin seeds. When it snorts, add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw aroma vanishes.
- Add the slit green chilli and onion. Cook till the onion has turned visible. Sauté the chopped tomato till it becomes squishy.
- Now stir in the turmeric, garam masala, and chilli powder. Cook for a minute prior to actually adding the veggies.
- Drizzle in a small amount of water and season with salt to taste. Cook for a few minutes, encased, till the carrots are gentle and thick.
- Add boiled black rice and combine with a spoon without squishing till it’s encased with masala. Simmer for about 2-5 min.
- Turn off the stove and season with coriander leaves. The black rice pulao is ready. Serve with a raita of your choice.